Council Permits

Getting Married in a Public Space

Council Permits for Gold Coast Weddings

If you are planning on holding your wedding ceremony in a public area on the Gold Coast, either in a park, garden or beach, you must have an approved council permit to do so.

As soon as you have chosen your desired location, its a good idea to fill out a council application form as soon as possible. Popular parks and beach spots can be booked out well in advance, so first in best dressed!

Filling out a council application is very easy, and the council normally can give you a response to your application within 10 working days.

Some councils may have a small fee that you need to pay with your application form. You will need to check with your local council.

If your application is approved, there are several terms and conditions that you need to abide by. Its a good idea to know these rules, and stick to them. There can be fines if you dont.

Submitting the application to council for your Gold Coast wedding ceremony is even easier when you book with Circle of Love we are happy to organise all the paperwork for you keeping your wedding day planning hassle free. 

Council application forms for the Gold Coast Weddings can be found at the website links below:

Beach Wedding Application:

Park Wedding application:

But be sure to contact us & we will take the hassle out of your wedding planning!